Book Review: Daisy Jones and the Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid

I refuse to believe that Daisy Jones & The Six aren’t real. Even now a week after finishing it, when I look back I think of it as a really fun band biography that I read! It can’t be fictional, it just can’t.

“I had absolutely no interest in being somebody else’s muse. I am not a muse. I am the somebody. End of fucking story."
It was so much fun to get swept up in all the drama, drugs, sex and rock n’ roll. Having read a few biographies focusing on Guns N’ Roses and Nirvana, as well as Slash’s autobiography, I just LOVE getting some insight into what goes on backstage. Who is sleeping with who, who doesn’t know when they’ve hit their limit, who throws the most tantrums in the recording studio... I live for this shit!

The interview style that Reid implements in Daisy Jones lends to racing through the pages, and simply being unable to put it down. Admittedly I was less enthralled in the last third or so as the events became somewhat predictable to me, but I was still having a good time!

It’s very easy to fangirl over Daisy as she is just so electric and demands your attention from the very first page, but I gotta give a lot of love to Camila as well. There were quite a few badass women in this story, who know exactly what they want and don’t take shit from no one. LOVED that.

Oh, and I need to hear this album they produced. Like, yesterday. I’m so pumped for the upcoming tv adaptation!! It’s bound to be a hit. 4 stars.

Johann
x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

50 Horror Books You Must Read!

50 States 50 Horror Books

Book Review: Books of Blood Vol 1-3 by Clive Barker