Book Review: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling

Talk about an emotional rollercoaster! Deathly Hallows is certainly the most dark book in the series, but Rowling injects enough humour and warmth to bring us some fuzzy feels, whilst dealing with all the emotional turmoil!


"You'll stay with me?" "Until the very end," said James.

And here upon shall commence my random fangirling over all the things I love about this one... Neville Longbottom and his unabashed braver... Molly Weasley screaming the iconic “NOT MY DAUGHTER, YOU BITCH!” (Everyone needs a mother like Molly!)... Snape’s backstory... Hagrid carrying Harry at that crucial moment... A special mention must go to the following part, which CRACKED me up:

“Our Headmaster is taking a short break,” said Professor McGonagall, pointing at the Snape-shaped hole in the window.

Complaints... I have a few. Don’t get me wrong, the crazy amounts of twists and turns surrounding the horcruxes and hallows are enthralling but at times I do find myself pausing to think - especially when it comes to the ownership of the elder wand - but I think that’s just me?! I also find this book has a different feel to the others since we’re not really in Hogwarts... which makes me sad :(

Although a major complaint I have is that such an important and crucial character, and one that I love, has an off-page death (I’m trying not to be spoilery here... just incase). WHAT THE HECK! It’s just kinda mentioned in passing and I’m sure on my first read my eyes were just bugging outta my head!!

However such complaints can’t take away from what I find to be a fitting end to the series. Sure, you feel like Rowling is pummelling your heart to a bloody pulp... but would you have it any other way? I’m missing my reread already, and I'm considering rewatching the movies as I’m just not ready to leave Hogwarts just yet.

All was well. 5 stars!


Johann
x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

50 Horror Books You Must Read!

50 States 50 Horror Books

Book Review: Books of Blood Vol 1-3 by Clive Barker