Book Review: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by JK Rowling

As Harry Potter prepares for his battle against Lord Voldemort with the guidance of his headmaster and mentor, Albus Dumbledore, the backstory of the Dark Lord is revealed.


“It is the unknown we fear when we look upon death and darkness, nothing more.”

This book is a goddamn heartbreaker! I’ve become a big fan of listening to the Harry Potter audiobooks during my daily workout (Stephen Fry’s narration is FAULT-LESS) and there I was... bawling my eyes out during those final few chapters while getting on with my lunges and burpees... quite the sight, I’m sure!!

The first three novels just feel like a different story. It’s all so light-hearted and enjoyable, then we hit Goblet of Fire and from then on Rowling is just tightening her grip on our hearts and bringing the FEELS. This one in particular crushes me. I remember on my first read I was just so freakin’ SHOOK by the events towards the end. I’d love to say it’s easier when you know what’s coming, but it isn’t!!

I’ve seen complaints that nothing really happens in this book, but that’s almost what I love about it. It’s the build-up to the big finale, we’re learning about Voldemort’s backstory, we’re introduced to horcruxes... the fun is in the learning and the story progression!

And I simply adore that moment when Ron *sorry, WonWon* tells Hermione he loves her (yes it’s in a friendly manner but it just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside) I honestly don’t even know if I fully ship Ron and Hermione, it’s conflicting for me - I think she could do better - but I still love this moment. And also when Ginny and Hermione have a little spat and both were quite sassy with each other.. I love it! However, I do not love how inferior Ginny is in the movies compared to Ginny in the books. RUDE.

I feel like my Harry Potter reviews are just word vomit! “I LOVED THIS. I hated that. This was so good.” and so forth... but I feel like Harry Potter just makes my brain go into overdrive and my excitement takes over. Apologies.

Love Half-Blood Prince. It definitely ranks very high for me in the series! 5 stars!

Johann
x

Comments

  1. Amazing post !! Nice book harry potter and the half blood prince pdf. I will Bookmark this website. and recommend for everyone to read Top Novel books

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow great writing skill... I really thanks to you for giving great knowledge. you can read Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince . I will Bookmark this website. and recommend for everyone to read Top Novel books

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

50 Horror Books You Must Read!

50 States 50 Horror Books

Book Review: Books of Blood Vol 1-3 by Clive Barker