The Nocturnal Reader's Subscription Box: Trapped

Okay, so... let me tell you how awesome Jess and Vincent are at NRB. My first few NR boxes, I got them after my American friends and the wait was AGONISING. I tried to avoid posts on instagram, but sometimes it was unavoidable, especially if people posted them in their stories. Getting the box itself was still amazing, of course, but so much fun comes from the excitement of unboxing and not knowing what's in there! So, because these guys are awesome, they shipped the international boxes a week early and so I got my box around the same time as everyone else - HOW AMAZING. I opened this box with no idea of what was inside and it somehow made the experience even more exciting. I'm sure most companies would be like "Shipping isn't our problem, you get it when you get it", but NR are all about customer service and I'm grateful for this change in their shipping schedule!



Now, enough of me going on about how much I love this company...onto this month's box! The theme was "Trapped" and it did not disappoint!! We already knew there was going to be a few Stephen King items in this box, so excitement was peaking! Right, let me start with the books. I got a signed(!!) edition of Nick Cutter's latest release, Little Heaven. I was really happy about this, as Cutter's books are pretty popular on bookstagram, namely The Deep and The Troop, I even have one in my TBR pile. The synopsis for Little Heaven is as follows:

A trio of mismatched mercenaries - Micah Shughrue, Minerva Atwater, and Ebenezer Elkins, colloquially known as "the Englishman" - is hired by young Ellen Bellhaven for a deceptively simple task: check in on her nephew, who may have been taken against his will to a remote New Mexico backwoods settlement called Little Heaven, where a clandestine religious cult holds sway. But shortly after they arrive, things begin to turn ominous. There are stirrings in the woods and over the tree-tops - and, above all else, the brooding shape of a monolith known as the Black Rock casts its terrible pall. Paranoia and distrust soon grip the settlement. Escape routes are gradually cut off as events spiral towards madness. Hell - or the closest thing to it - invades Little Heaven. All present here are now forced to take a stand and fight back, but whatever has set its dark eye on Little Heaven is marshaling its powers - and it wants them all...
Ooh I am excited for that! Even reading the synopsis makes me feel a bit trapped and claustrophobic... Perhaps I'll get to buddy read it with a few of my fellow Nocturnal Readers! The other book in this month's box is Suffer the Children by Craig DiLouie, with the following synopsis:

It begins on an ordinary day: children around the world are dying. All children, everywhere - a global crisis beyond any parent's worst nightmares. Then, a miracle beyond imagining: three days later, they return. Shattered mothers and fathers see their sons and daughters happy and whole once more, playing and laughing as before - but only when they feed. They hunger for blood...and they can't get enough upon which to feast. Without it, they die again. How far would you go to keep someone you love alive?

That sounds CREEPY as hell, I love it! Already I'm thinking, if it was someone I loved, I'd do whatever it takes. Even if it meant harvesting blood for them - as long as I'm not the one drinking it!!

Now, the Stephen King items... I almost screamed upon finding a Cujo print signed by Dee Wallace! Beyond amazing. Check it out below:


There was also an Overlook Hotel glass that says "Where the son always shines" - I freaking love that! Too cool. We also got one or two Stephen King pins, I was ecstatic to find that I got two - one for Misery and one for Cujo. Both books in which the main character(s) find themselves trapped. Check them out below, as well as the Shutter Island matchbox we got by Jerilyn - major heart eyes. Shutter Island is potentially my favourite Leonardo DiCaprio movie! I still need to read the book.


On top of this, there was also a Chapbook: 120 Seconds to Light by G. E. Smith, a Girl in the Cell Anaglyph 3D art and Scream Queen 3D glasses. Last but not least, we got yet another tote - I love totes - and this time it was Lord of the Flies inspired. Yet another book in my TBR pile! Also one of the very few books my boyfriend has read - I'm hoping to read this soon so we can have some rare bookish conversations. Feast your eyes upon the tote!!


Oh, Nocturnal Readers Box, you guys outdo yourselves each month - I can't wait to see what's next. May's theme is Corporate Overlords... the countdown begins yet again!

Johann
x

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

50 Horror Books You Must Read!

50 States 50 Horror Books

Book Review: Books of Blood Vol 1-3 by Clive Barker